The world's foremost automotive brands put their confidence in our quality. Why? Because we develop and series-produce suspension components in collaboration with our partners from the automotive industry. By placing your trust in our experience too, you'll be opting for the BILSTEIN driving experience when you exchange your suspension components.
- Technology transfer from original equipment manufacturing and motor sports
- Expert knowledge of the world's most renowned brands, such as Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, Audi, Bugatti, Ferrari, Lotus, Jaguar and many more
- Comprehensive product range
- High market coverage and availability
Gas Pressure Technology
Over time, the mono-tube gas pressure technology developed by BILSTEIN has established itself as a standard in automotive construction. This technology involves keeping the oil in the absorber under pressure, which prevents it from foaming when temperatures and loads are increasing. As a result, full damping power is retained even when the system is placed under extreme stress, a feature that can be observed in the self-lowering piston.
- Ensures a high level of traction and more precise handling
- A must-have for powerful sport suspensions
- Added safety in all dynamic driving situations
BILSTEIN mono-tube/Upside-Down technology
The original and best: The original mono-tube gas pressure shock absorbers bore the BILSTEIN name, and we're still responsible for producing the best there is. BILSTEIN's mono-tube technology is the number-one choice in motorsports and series-production sports cars: no other type gives engineers the same freedom to choose the perfect installation location or position (e.g. Upside-Down technology).
- Large effective surface on the working piston creates increased damping power and better handling
- Improved dissipation of thermal energy outwards enables a consistently high level of absorber performance
- Sturdy structure for added safety in Upside-Down Technology
The proven technology of a twin-tube absorber is applied in the vast majority of all vehicles. BILSTEIN's twin-tube absorbers, featuring "original equipment manufacturer" quality that has undergone rigorous testing, offer a marked improvement in driving characteristics with universal spare parts replaced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Oil or gas pressure technology
- Only tested, OEM quality is provided
- A favourably priced alternative at the highest level
- Technology transfer from series production
When it comes to lowering, not only must the vehicle's character be kept in mind, but the driver's too. A multitude of tests involving a wide variety of equipment helps our test engineers determine what the perfect lowering height should be. During this process, we consider aerodynamics, residual spring travel, driving characteristics, comfort, suitability for everyday use, behaviour in limited applications, and aesthetics. This gives rise to our three tenets of lowering.
BILSTEIN round threads
To ensure that you can fine-tune your vehicle exactly how you want it, our threaded ride height adjustable kits are easy to adjust - even when they're installed. Allowing you to find the perfect balance for your vehicle.
- The special thread has no sharp edges that could be open to aggressive environmental influences
- The secured aluminium spring plates ensure the utmost level of safety
- The right hook spanners are provided in the scope of supply
Our 3-layer coating system, developed especially with threaded ride height adjustable kits in mind, guarantees high-quality, enduring corrosion protection.
- Coating 1: The special zinc alloy ensures excellent adherence to the base material, and forms the basis for long-lasting corrosion protection.
- Coating 2: The middle coating transforms the zinc layer into a closed-formation, homogeneous surface.
- Coating 3: Not only is the top coat aesthetically pleasing, it also provides additional, long-term protection against mechanical wear and corrosion. Endurance tests to DIN 50021 SS also testify to this: for our material, being subjected to salt spray for over 600 hours is like water off a duck's back - compare that with the 418 hours boasted by stainless steel.
Take the children to school in the morning, go to the shops in convenience and comfort in the afternoon - and get the most out of every curve in the road in between. For drivers who don't want to compromise on comfort or sportiness, our engineers have developed the perfect technology.
- Characteristic curve pairs given a multitude of road tests
- Driving characteristics settings that suit individual needs perfectly
Road-Tested by BILSTEIN
To achieve that celebrated BILSTEIN driving experience, our BILSTEIN engineers rely on not only technology that is truly at the cutting edge, but also something that has withstood the test of time: how it feels to the driver. As a result, all of our high-performance absorbers, as well as our sport suspensions and threaded ride height adjustable kits, undergo a rigorous testing programme. On the Nürburgring and in our own test centre at the Papenburg test track, our drivers test how balanced the driving characteristics of various vehicles are in a variety of different driving situations. Only when they have passed this programme of tests with distinction are they allowed to bear the BILSTEIN name. This way, we can guarantee that celebrated BILSTEIN driving experience.